Email the Group Scout Leader:
Tel: 0207 286 8210
8th St Marylebone Scouts' Badge - 'The Diehards' - St John's Wood, London NW8

< Prev Next >

Diehards Silver Anniversary through to the Golden Anniversary

Silver to Golden

1949

First Group dinner dance held where wives, girlfriends and friends could attend.

1950s

The Works Panel formed by loyal and hard working members of Diehardia and the Group to help with upkeep of the HQ and to make equipment.

1953

The Queen's Scout Award, renamed to replace the King's Scout Award as the highest youth award to be earned in Scouting . The Group were amongst the early ones who successfully had Scouts to be granted this.

1956

The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme was launched and here again the Group was amongst the fore runners in entering Scouts for this.

1963

First Lady Guest of Honour at Old Scouts Reunion, Mrs Joan Bond, National Secretary for the B.P Guild.

1965

Record number of 105 at O.S Reunion. Diehard goes up in price from 3d to 6d after the Dec issue.

1967

The Group secure the freehold of 'The Mansergh' after raising £25,475, the club also becomes District HQ. New Sanctum window dedicated to the memory of Mrs Mary Prior, window designed by Les 'Lollo' Lawrence and made by Albert Wagstaff. Due to our proximity to Golders Green we were often asked to send Scouts to form part of the Guard of Honour when the Queen visited the Gang Show. Additionally we also sent Scouts to form Part of the Guard of Honour outside the Home Office on Remembrance Day. Scout Michael Harvey appeared in Ralph Reader's Gang Show.

1969

Scout Troop win 'Lukis Exploit' the Greater London Camping competition for the first time.

1970

LJK is Guest of Honour at O.S Reunion.

1971

24th June, 1971. Passing of our founder LJK after he had just completed writing the Golden Jubilee handbook. Huge turnout at St Mark's Church for thanks giving to his life.

< Prev Next >

8th St Marylebone Scouts' distinctive neckerchief
 
Venue function hall for hire St John's Wood, North West London NW8